Consiglia questo sito su Facebook:

QUESTO SPAZIO BANNER E' IN VENDITA. PER INFO CONTATTARE MASTER@FUTURIMEDICI.COM

How does the Italian medical system work?

Di più
12 Anni 8 Mesi fa #175623 da cataplema

how easy is to get a post graduation spot? What is the easier specialty to get into?

it is so hard to give a response.... it depends a lot on which city you are.  for postgraduate trainings every university has his own concurrency, but for general medicine the concurrency is regional. in my city ophthalmology is very difficult to get into, but not impossible anyway. of course you have to spend a lot of time in department before your graduation. generally it is very difficult to enter an academic specialty if they never saw you before. in most cities specialty easier to enter are anesthesia or radiology.
for general medicine i can tell you that i entered last year and i didn't find it hard, it doesn't matter what you have done at university cause it's not an academic course.
every year the number of intakes  for every specialty can change a bit.

Si prega Accedi o Crea un account a partecipare alla conversazione.

Di più
12 Anni 8 Mesi fa #175647 da Sushi4045
For academic fields,

When an academic department of a university rank applicants, they use the following criteria below according to our discussion.

1)Whether the applicant has spent time previously in the department

2)Result of the entrance exam for the department

My question is, do they also use the following criteria to evaluate applicants?

3)Whether the applicant has research experiences in the particular field(Example, Ophthalmology research experiences for ophthalmology)

4)Whether the applicant has good communication skills/motivations by conducting an interview(Example, head physician of ophthalmology department ask why you would like to do a residency in ophthalmology)

5)Whether the applicant has good letter of recommendations from other physicians in the same field(Example, letter of recommendations from other ophthalmology physicians to university ophthalmology department.)

3), 4), 5) are very important to get a residency in USA.

How about in Italy? Are 3), 4), 5) important?

For general medicine,

Also, can I graduate in San Raffaele University in Milano and participate general medicine training in Napoli? Or do I have to stay in Milano?

Are the total number of post graduation spots(all specialties together) are more than the total number of medical graduates every year?

Di più
12 Anni 8 Mesi fa #175674 da cataplema

3)Whether the applicant has research experiences in the particular field(Example, Ophthalmology research experiences for ophthalmology)

publications in that particular field give a few scores in the entrance examination

4)Whether the applicant has good communication skills/motivations by conducting an interview(Example, head physician of ophthalmology department ask why you would like to do a residency in ophthalmology)

no, there isn't an interview in the exam. there are two written proofs, generally worked out by the head physician

5)Whether the applicant has good letter of recommendations from other physicians in the same field(Example, letter of recommendations from other ophthalmology physicians to university ophthalmology department.)

no, recommendations in italy are not legal, so if it is it's in hiding
for the entrance examination also they value you final degree mark and the quality of your thesis and if it about that field

can I graduate in San Raffaele University in Milano and participate general medicine training in Napoli? Or do I have to stay in Milano?

yes if you do the examination in Napoli
for general medicine they value only a written testand if needed your age

Are the total number of post graduation spots(all specialties together) :) more than the total number of medical graduates every year?

no
:)

Di più
12 Anni 8 Mesi fa - 12 Anni 8 Mesi fa #175682 da Sushi4045
Citazione
Are the total number of post graduation spots(all specialties together)  more than the total number of medical graduates every year?

no

This is my last question. I assume not all medical graduates can get a post-graduation spot (Non-academic or academic fields) in Italy. Out of all medical graduates from all Italian medical schools, how many % of them actually can get a spot?

What happens when you can NOT get into a residency spot? You can't work as a doctor then I assume.

Thank you so much Stephania!
Ultima Modifica 12 Anni 8 Mesi fa da .

Di più
12 Anni 8 Mesi fa #175814 da cataplema

how many % of them actually can get a spot?

really i don't know....

What happens when you can NOT get into a residency spot?

you can try again  :)

You can't work as a doctor then I assume.

as i already told you, you can work anyway. you can do substitutions, you can provide medical service for holidays or nights, for sport competition, you can work for privates, you can also work in emergency field, etc...

i hope things are clearer now, i now our academic and medical system is very different
when are you going to come in italy?

Di più
12 Anni 8 Mesi fa #175841 da Sushi4045
I will be arriving in Milan on September 20. Can you come to the airport and pick me up?  :P

Anyway, thank you for your advice. It definitely made me feel better.

Tempo creazione pagina: 1.344 secondi