Consiglia questo sito su Facebook:

QUESTO SPAZIO BANNER E' IN VENDITA. PER INFO CONTATTARE MASTER@FUTURIMEDICI.COM

How does the Italian medical system work?

Di più
12 Anni 8 Mesi fa - 12 Anni 8 Mesi fa #175005 da Sushi4045
Hi all :)

I will be a student at San Raffaele this fall for the International MD Program (Medicina e Chirurgia in Lingua Inglese). Can anyone here who speaks English explains to me about how the Italian medical system works?

As far as I understand, medical students take the state exam at the end of the 6 year course. And then do 3 months of internship. And then they enter post-graduate schools for specialization right?

I look forward to learn Italian when I get to Italy but I don't speak Italian now.

Ultima Modifica 12 Anni 8 Mesi fa da .

Si prega Accedi o Crea un account a partecipare alla conversazione.

• Visitatori
  • Visitatori
12 Anni 8 Mesi fa #175267 da
Hi Sushi_Doctor!
Your informations are right. I don't know about the three months of internship (maybe you are well-informed).  However, all I know is that as soon as graduated you have to do an examination to get the medical licence. Also you have to do a residency after have passed an other exam. Each residency has only few jobs, and the length is about 4 o 5 years.
Sometimes it's very difficult entry in a residency expecially when the judge commission is made up of doctors that request you have to spend your last years of school of medicine in their division. But don't worry, not all university works this way.
I hope was clear: my English is not good as I wish.  If you any questions feel free to ask, I'll answer as soon as I can.

• Visitatori
  • Visitatori
12 Anni 8 Mesi fa #175273 da
Hi buddy,
the information you have posted are correct. You are going to study for six years, after graduation You have to do a 3 months internship, 1 month in surgery, 1 month in medicine and 1 month in family medicine. After the internship period, you should take the state exam, in order to achieve the Italian medical license.
Once you have got the license you can apply for a residency program, and you have to take another exam in order to apply.
During your medical studies, you will have to attend clinical rotations, after you are done with the rotations you could ask for an internship in the department in which you would like to apply for residency,
and, more or less after 1 or 2 yrs, the program director will assign you a thesis that you are going to defend the day of your graduation.

Good luck

Di più
12 Anni 7 Mesi fa #175492 da Sushi4045
Hi Sabaki and Pablito,

First of all, please let me to say thank you for spending your valuable time writing detailed responses for me. It is greatly appreciated. Grazie!

Can you practice medicine (general medicine, family medicine) without post graduate training(residency)? Do you must have post graduate training?

I am very interested in learning Italian language and culture when I get to Italy this fall. ;)

Di più
12 Anni 7 Mesi fa #175513 da cataplema
hi sushi doctor
to practice general medicine (or family medicine, general practice) you must do a postgraduate training that takes 3 years, after that you have to take an arrangement with the national health system. to do that they valuate your curriculum, it's not easy to explain in details.
anyway without any postgraduate training you can practice medicine, but only for few jobs.
i hope i was clear with my bad english,
ciao

Di più
12 Anni 7 Mesi fa #175590 da Sushi4045
Hi Stefania,

Well, I think your name is the Italian version of Stephanie.  :D

Anyway, how easy is to get a post graduation spot? What is the easier specialty to get into? I am interested in general medicine and Ophthalmology (eyes).

Are there many post graduation spots for Italian medical graduates?

Thank you

Tempo creazione pagina: 0.755 secondi